These apartments are designed to be suitable for people who suffer from dementia and other related conditions. These are all contained within the Village Community Centre. There are also 6 Blocks that make up a further 72 apartments, known as Independent Living Units. The independent living units are high end apartments with a focus around quality and are designed to make living easier for the residents.
• Client: BUPA
• Main Contractor: Bouygues
• Client M&E Services Designer: HC M&E
• Design and Build M&E Contractor: Dodd Group
• Project Duration: 2.5 years
• Project Value: £35,000,000
• M&E Package Value: £5,235,000
Aura Technical Services were employed by Bouygues to manage their mechanical and electrical contractor Dodd Group. We were employed from the pre-construction stage through to the commissioning and client training stage.
Detailed responsibilities included:
• The management of the M&E contractor Dodd Group Limited
• The coordination of the mechanical and electrical interfaces with the building fabric
• Ensuring a compliancy with the DDA guidelines
• Reviewing the progress of the M&E contractor and communicating associated issues with the site team
• Coordinating and developing the phased handover of the project. This included a key role in developing a temporary life safety system in order to achieve a phased handover
• Detailed design review and chairing M&E design team meetings to ensure that the M&E designers comply with the client ERs.
• Compiling detailed progress reports for both client meetings and internal director meetings
• Ensuring procurement programmes are met
• Working closely with the QS teams to review adds and omits of the M&E subcontractors account
• Developing a relationship with Building Control and the client clerk of the works to ensure all requirements for sign off are met
• Developing an M&E lessons learnt portfolio