The 24/7 nature of the LJMU operation pose numerous technical challenges, with major heating/cooling/fresh air plant to be replaced & major electrical mains power distribution upgrade works to be undertaken whilst keeping disruption to the Universities operation to an absolute minimum. Aura Technical Services have been an integral part of the project from pre construction, with in-depth value engineering input to assist in getting the project in budget, and are currently managing the MEP sub-contractors as well as enjoying a client facing role managing the interface between the various shutdowns & isolations and phasing of works with the university.
• Project Title: University Refurbishment & Extension
• Client: LJMU
• Main Contractor: Wilmott Dixon
• Client M&E Services Designer: Steven Hunt Associates
• Design and Build M&E Contractor – Kimpton Energy Services & Mara Electrical
• Project Duration: 68 weeks M&E Installation
• Project Value: £22m
• M&E Package Value: £6.5m
Aura Technical Services was employed by Wilmott Dixon to provide Technical support and also manage their Mechanical and Electrical contractors Kimpton & Mara.
Detailed responsibilities included:
• Manage and coordinate the pre-construction phase
• Manage and coordinate the construction phase
• Manage and coordinate the commissioning phase