The scheme sees the conversion of two former office blocks and the construction of two new build blocks including a 27 storey apartment block – which will be the tallest building in Salford Quays. The two existing office buildings already have consent for residential use, with Custom House to be extended from six storeys to 10 storeys and Furness House to be extended from 11 storeys to 17 storeys.
Fortis Quays will include a gymnasium for its residents, a pedestrian garden avenue, onsite concierge, car-parking facilities and a neighbourhood square. Aura Technical Services are the sole MEP Management company working directly for Beaumont Morgan.
• Project Title: 756 Luxury Apartments over 4 Phases
• Client: Fortis Developments
• Main Contractor: Beaumont Morgan
• Northill – £29m
• Grapnel – £38m
• Danforth – £11m
• Herreshoff – £7m
Aura Technical Services are employed to provide Main Contractor Side MEP Technical support and Management of their MEP Sub-Contractors on the new Fortis Quay residential development.
Detailed responsibilities included:
• Manage and coordinate the pre-construction phase, utilities master-planning, value engineering, vetting of MEP Sub-contractors & management of designers to stage 4
• Manage and coordinate the construction phase and stage 5 sub-contractor design
• Manage and coordinate the commissioning phase including implementing our own sign off procedures.