It adds a further 100,000 square foot extension to the Curzon Building, named 2015’s Project of the Year by Midland Business Insider.
• Project Title: BCU Phase 2A
• Client: Birmingham City University
• Main Contractor: Willmott Dixon
• Client M&E Services Designer: Hoare Lea and Partners
• Design and Build M&E Contractor – Briggs and Forrester
• Project Duration: 40 weeks M&E Installation
• Project Value: £31m
• M&E Package Value: £7m
Aura Technical Services were employed by Willmott Dixon to manage their Mechanical and Electrical contractor, Briggs and Forrester. We were employed from the pre-construction stage through to the commissioning and client training stage.
Detailed responsibilities included:
• Manage and coordinate the BIM process between Briggs and Forrester and their BIM partners
• Manage and coordinate the services’ shut downs which were required to integrate the new building with the existing Curzon building
• Manage and coordinate the all of the stand alone electrical service packages with the Cortech system
• Manage and coordinate the new BT services connections