We work directly for main contractors in the UK construction, fit out and refurbishment industry and we manage each main contractor’s chosen mechanical and electrical installer. We also act as an interface between the client’s professional team and the mechanical and electrical installer.
Typically we work on a freelance basis to suit each client’s needs. This can be from as little as one day’s support through to a full time role for a specific project or number of projects.
We can offer support from the initial tender review right through to commissioning management and handover. We are extremely flexible and can work to suit your business’s peaks and troughs.
The following items are some of the areas where we can help you:
• Initial mechanical and electrical review of the client’s tender documentation in order to write a section for the main contractor’s tender submission
• Initial mechanical and electrical review of the client’s tender documents to highlight any project specific key issues and potential long lead items that may affect the programme
• Attend project interviews with the main contractor
• Manage the mechanical and electrical installations on site including undertaking weekly minuted mechanical and electrical meetings
• Manage the mechanical and electrical design process; comment technically on the contractor’s proposed installation drawings; ensure that consultant’s drawing and technical comments are closed out efficiently
• Undertake mechanical and electrical snagging exercise on site and ensure all issues are closed out
• Work closely with the project planner to ensure that the mechanical and electrical programme is sufficiently detailed
• Attend the weekly client project meetings to manage and answer all mechanical and electrical client queries
• Undertake a commissioning management role
• Write detailed mechanical and electrical commissioning programmes
• Manage the commissioning and client training process